from around the world.
Established in 1988, the One World Media Awards recognise the best media coverage of the global south. Stories that break through stereotypes, change the narrative and connect people across cultures.
- Longlist announced: April 2021
- Nominees announced: May 2021
- Awards day: 17 June 2021
What are the One World Media Awards?
- Across 15 categories, the Awards celebrate work from all media platforms and across a wide range of genres and themes
- The Awards are open to journalists and filmmakers from anywhere in the world
- The focus is on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to the global south
Why enter the Awards?
- A unique opportunity to be recognised by some of the industry’s top professionals and to gain a wider audience for your work
- The only Awards recognising excellence in international journalism and filmmaking specifically from and about the global south
- They are established, with 32 years of providing a platform for important stories to be shared and celebrated
One World Media Award Categories 2021
The awards celebrate work across 15 categories and a wide range of media platforms, spotlighting the year’s best media coverage of underreported stories from around the world.
Every year, hundreds of entries from all over the world are judged by our panels of distinguished professionals, each carefully selected from the media and non-profit sectors for their wide ranging experience and expertise.
“Now, more than ever before the One World Media Awards are so important to highlight the silent work of journalists reporting real life stories in a world of fake news. I feel privileged that my work has been selected.”
Guillermo Galdos, Channel 4 News – International Journalist of the Year Winner 2019
We would like to thank our generous partners, who make the work of One World Media possible.